「What kind of theater is the TOHO Cinema Umeda?」
this article is for you!
Hello! WABI SABI here, to give foreign visitors the information you need in order to further enjoy Japan!
What we, the information brokers of Japan, would like to introduce to you in this article is a movie theater that is really close to the JR Osaka Station, the TOHO Cinema Umeda!
Now let’s get right into it!
Getting there is easy as it is only about a 5 minute walk east from the JR Osaka Station.
It is called the TOHO Cinema Umeda Annex and it is located in Kakuta-cho, Kita-ku, Osaka City, Osaka Prefecture.
When going there, using a train is perfect since it is also close to the Hankyu Umeda Station and the Hanshin Station, both being around 5 minutes away on foot.
This Is The Best Part of the TOHO Cinema Umeda!
It bolsters the best seat quality in west Japan. It is also known to be very popular for being able to make you feel the charm of films.
They have 10 screens with a total of 2681 seats.
They even sell alcohol, so the atmosphere is perfect for being able to calmly watch movies.
Furthermore, the TOHO Cinema Umeda has a main building and a secondary building.
Both of them open at 8 am.
The sound system in the theaters records sound as uncompressed data creating beautiful sound for you to enjoy!
The seats are leather and made so that you don’t feel any stress and fatigue after a long time of sitting. There is also space for your possessions.
There are seats with borders on them so you can ignore all else ad focus on the movie.
These leather seats are even used on overseas flights so not only do they have drink holders and space for your possessions, but it has 1.5 times the space of conventional seats.
It is perfect for those who want to watch a movie while being in an open and comfortable atmosphere.
They also have headphones for those who have problems hearing so you don’t have to worry.
【Discount Info】What Useful Info!?
They have viewing discounts, which is the 1st and the 14th of each month, the price being 1200 yen.
There is a further discount on December 1st, the price being 1000 yen.
There is also a Couples 50 discount which if either one or both people in the pair are over 50 years old then their paired price will be 2400 yen.
There is also a Lady’s Discount every Wednesday and a Seniors Discount for those who are over 60, both of which are priced at 1200 yen.
There is also a Handicap Discount, a Late Discount, and a Members Discount.
【Hidden Info】You Can Also Use Other Facilities At A Good Price!?
If your show your movie ticket from TOHO Cinemas Umeda from the same day, before or after the movie, you will be able to get a discount at restaurants or other eateries.
Getting to the TOHO Cinemas Umeda is easy and it’s also convenient for those who want to watch a movie after going shopping.
They also hold events, so be sure to enjoy them too.
- Address：Umeda Rakutenchi Building, 5-1 Kakudacho, Kita-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka 530-0017, Japan
- Telephone Number：050-6868-5022
- Access Info：About a 5 minute walk east from the JR Osaka Station
- Total Screen Number：10
- Total Seat Numer：2,681
- Opening Time：8 am
- Price Info
- General Price：1,900 yen
- Uni Students：1,500 yen（※Must show your Student ID）
- High school students：1,000 yen（※Must show your student ID）
- Middle / Elementary school students：1,000 yen
- Infants（3 and over）：1,000 yen（※Certain movies allow from 2 years old）
- Premium Box Seat：Corresponding Price＋1,000 yen
- DOLBY ATMOS Viewing Price：Corresponding Price＋200 yen
- 3D Viewing Price：Corresponding Price＋400 yen
※The way it is priced is that, the 3D is 300 yen extra and the 3D glasses are an extra 100 yen.
※If you already have a 3D glasses from this theater then you won’t have to pay the extra 100 yen.
※Even those who have the “Shareholder Invitation Ticket/Shareholder Coupon”, “TOHO Cinemas Invitation Ticket”, or the “TOHO Cinemas Passport Ticket” have to pay the extra 400 yen.
- Discount Info
- TOHO Cinemas Day（The 14th of every month）：1,200 yen
- Cine-mileage Day （Every Tuesday・Only for members）：1,400 yen
- First Day（The 1st of every month）：1,200 yen
- Movie Day（December 1st）：1,000 yen
- Ladies Day（Every Wednesday）：1,200 yen
- au Monday（Every Monday・au Smart Pass・au Smart Pass Premium or a Video Pass Member）
- General・Uni Student Price：1,100 yen
- High school students and below：900 yen
- Late Show（After 8 pm）：1,300 yen
- Senior Discount（Those over 60 years old）：1,200 yen
- 50’s Couple paired price：2,400 yen
(Either or both in the couple must be 50 years old or over and must be seeing the same movie together.)
- Handicap Discount Price：1,000 yen
※Only 1 other attendant may get this discount.
※You must show your Handicap handbook.
（The type of handbooks accepted：Handicap Handbook、Nursing Notebook、Certificate of the physically disabled、Mental handicapped health and welfare notebook）
※You can’t use discount services or discount coupons listed above together.
If a movie ends after 10 pm, those who are under 18 can’t watch it even with a guardian.
Furthermore, those who are under 16 can’t watch a movie that ends after 7 pm without a guardian.